Monday, May 31, 2010

New day for some, same day for others.

More of a how my day is going so far blog. Been up all night for work, fun fun. Things didn't go right, so now they are doing it again. Which means the last 7 hrs of my time was wasted. They are going to do it again. Hopefull when I take my samples and test them they come out good this time. Head office sent me a e-mail today. It was about a promotion which I knew was coming soon, I just didn't know when. I am excited about that. Guess hard work doesn't go unnoticed these days. Guess it means more money, more problems. I never thought I would make it this far. Most people in this job have had 2-4 years of schooling. I got on the job training and am starting to work my way up the chain. They haven't told me what postition I am taking yet. Either be area coordinator or over seas work. Both are great in a way. Coordinator would be more time at home and for myself. Overseas alot more money, pretty much crazy money, but I've been on a offshore drilling rig before. It's a little like a floating prision. Water all around and no land, LOL. All I know is area coordinator I will take in a second. Overseas I think I will turn down. The life out there is just different and for what is going on in my personnal life, I`d rather stay around western Canada. There is a point of too much work. For the past few years, I have been a slave to work. Always doing everything I can, extra work even. But it is not what I want to be a slave to. Even without going overseas, my goal of being semi-retired is on track. I have some rental properties, some fixer uppers properties and I own 1 oilfield truck. Everything I make goes back into a investment. Well pretty much everything. I do like to buy somethings for myself. But I seem to make do with lots of things I do have. 6 years a ago I bought a new truck. Still have it with 230,000Km on it. Runs great, so why get rid of it. I also have had a car I bought 10 years ago. It`s a 1992 but looks like a 2000`s model and runs great. Why get rid of 2 things that only lose money for you in the end anyways. Instead of greating a new vechile for myself, I went and bought an oilfield Vacuum Truck The work truck makes a good profit, after paying my driver,fuel,insurance stuff like that. In 2 years that truck will had paid for itself. And should stay running for 10 more years before having to put money in it. But anyways they are calling me to go back out, more just waiting around for hrs. Fun Fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment